Fola David is currently a 500L medical student of the University of Lagos and a celebrity artist who is very popular. He is one of the most liked artists on social media and he continues to wow us with beautiful illustrations of artistes. I mean, he has pictured the likes of Iyanya, Flavor, Dj Spinall and many more.
Anyways, it was my friend’s mother’s 50th and the family decided to get a surprise painting of her. We both thought of Fola David and decided to patronize him.
Communicating with Fola David requires a lot of patience. I mean, we all know he is a busy man and to make matters interesting, he has a PA who is very overprotective of him. After so much dilly dally, the PA decided to connect us with Fola.
Fola is a courteous person and he loves to answer questions concerning his work. He explained that there were different painting sizes with varying costs. Basically, you send a clear picture of what you want illustrated via whats-app or email to him.
A Fola David portrait ranges from 25,000 upwards. (Tip: There is room for price negotiation). A deposit, about 70% of the fee, is paid before he begins work. The remaining 30% is due upon completion.
The time taken for a portrait to be ready depends on a lot of factors. Basically, it takes between 4-10 days for a portrait to be ready.
My friend got her mother’s drawing about 5 days after and we were pretty impressed. It was very gorgeous.
In conclusion, I rate Fola David Artistry a 9 over 10. His portraits are fascinating however, I would have preferred smoother communication from the start instead of dealing with the overprotective PA.