Review provided by Berry Choco Latte
Their description: The Washroom and Cafe is a family-friendly launderette where all your washing , drying and ironing can be achieved while you eat from our well put together baguette’s and side orders. We offer added value services such as ironing, dry cleaning and service washes, for busy professionals, students, and senior citizens.
I found out about The Washroom/Café when a friend invited me to the opening in mid-2012. If you live in Lekki, like I do, you should know that the water’s brown. Everyone living in Lekki has to treat their water or else it could be hazardous to your health and clothes, especially whites. I’ve never gotten in the habit of dry-cleaning clothes, or having a laundry person come to pick up my clothes. Washing by hands is also not an option when you have a lot of clothes like me.
The Washroom/Cafe is a convenient solution for those who want to get their laundry done quickly.
|The Washroom Facilities
The advantages are:
1. It doesn’t take more than an hour and a half.
2. You can have a bite to eat or watch TV while waiting.
3. You can keep an eye on your clothes and not have to worry about whether a laundry person will damage your clothes.
4. There’s a loyalty program. With your loyalty card, every 5th wash cycle is FREE!
5. Huge washers and dryers mean you can do your laundry in 2-3 loads.
6. They can do bulk orders – I overheard a client that regularly sends laundry loads.
Price: It costs N1200 per wash load, and N600 per 20 minutes of drying. The dryers are big, so you can dry 2 small loads at a time with only one cycle.
Overall Value: I’ve found the café items a tad pricey, but not different from similar café offerings around Lagos. I like that I can do a large laundry bag of clothes at a go, not worry about dirty water and have a peaceful atmosphere to relax and eat if I choose to. Only issue is I wish they would offer free wifi.